TUN ABDUL RAZAK – Award and Recognition
- Tun Razak was posthumously granted the soubriquet Bapa Pembangunan (Father of Development).
- There are several roads and highways in Malaysia named after Tun Razak such as Tun Razak Highway (Federal Route connecting Segamat, Johor to Gambang, Pahang), Jalan Tun Razak in Kuala Lumpur (part of Kuala Lumpur Middle Ring Road 1), Jalan Tun Abdul Razak in Johor Bahru (part of Skudai Highway), Jalan Tun Abdul Razak in Ipoh (also known as Maxwell Road) and Jalan Tun Abdul Razak in Melaka City (street name for Melaka Bypass).
- Bandar Tun Razak in Kuala Lumpur and Bandar Tun Abdul Razak, Pahang are the towns named after Tun Razak.
- The most prominent landmark in Georgetown, Penang is the KOMTAR building, the Tun Abdul Razak Complex, housing stores and offices. Another building of the same name was also built in Johor Bahru.
- The Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre in Brickendonbury, England, is named in his honour.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “TUN ABDUL RAZAK – Award and Recognition,” an entry on eymz's ebook Blog
- 20092009-11-29T04:46:31+00:00302009bUTCSun, 29 Nov 2009 04:46:31 +0000 23, 2009 / 4:46 AM
- Tun Abdul Razak